GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-01 > 1043861742

From: (Brad Verity)
Subject: Re: Amie de Gaveston Rebuttal - Part 4: A Damsel's Life
Date: 29 Jan 2003 09:35:42 -0800

wrote in message news:<>...

> I've found proof that Arnaud-Guillaume de Marsan, son of Arnaud de Gabaston,
> was Piers de Gaveston's brother.

> Part of the Latin in this complaint reads that "donaciones terrar um et
> officiarum factas dicto senescallo et domino Petro de Gavastone fratri eius
> michi displicant."

> As Arnaud-Guillaume de Marsan was certainly son and heir of Arnaud de
> Gabaston by his wife Claramonde, daughter of Arnaud-Guillaume de Marsan (d.
> 1272); that makes Piers a younger son, as has been put forward all along.

And that, as they say, is that.

Well done, Paul.

My friend Fiona is rather crushed, so I've postponed collecting my
dinner (our original bet) for a week. I reminded her that a lot of
new discoveries came out of her hunch. We did find that Piers had a
sister. And who's to say that the sister wasn't named Amie, too? We
just know she wasn't our Amie.

At any rate, it's nice to have it all settled.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me with this, and congrats again to
Paul.

Cheers, ------Brad

This thread: