GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-01 > 1043435897

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Amie de Gaveston Rebuttal - Part 4: A Damsel's Life
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:18:17 -0000

Pogues here are CONTINUING to CONFUSE and CONFLATE the attitudes toward
Bastardy TODAY in the 21st Century "West", where it is considered Politically
Incorrect to discriminate against Bastards ---- with Attitudes Prevailing in
14th Century Mediaeval Europe ---- 700 Years Ago.

Such an egregious error is:

1. Ahistoric

2. Ignorant

3. Stupid

4. Risible.

Arguments From Incredulity Are Also Hilarious ---- And Not Worth The Powder To
Blow Them To Hell....

'Nuff Said.

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.

Deus Vult.

"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like 'em myself. They're
pretty bad ---- I grieve over them long winter evenings. And I don't mind
your ritzing me or drinking your lunch out of a bottle, but *don't* waste your
time trying to cross-examine me." Humphrey Bogart [Philip Marlowe] to Lauren
Bacall [Vivian Sternwood] in "The Big Sleep" [1946], Howard Hawks Directed.

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original material
contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It may be quoted
only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution to the author,
unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in writing.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor

This thread: