GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-02 > 1012720196

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: Beauchamp of Hatch (was Payn de Beauchamp)
Date: 2 Feb 2002 23:09:56 -0800

Dear Louise and Robert:

Juliane, wife of Robert III de Beauchamp, of Hatch Beauchamp,
Somerset, wasn't a Brett at all. Rather, my research indicates she
was the daughter and co-heiress of Pain de Dourton, of Dourton, co.
Buckingham. This discovery will be covered by the forthcoming book,
Baronial Ancestry, due out in about a year.

Best always, Douglas Richardson, Salt Lake City, Utah, Home of Winter
2002 Olympics

E-mail:

"Louise Staley" <> wrote in message news:<3c5c81a1$0$21131$>...
> Dear Robert,
>
> Do you have a source for Juliania Brett? I thought Weis referred
> to her simply as Juliana, is there another source?
> Also, before Robert Beauchamp II, father of the daughter who
> married Simon Valletort, are there any sources?
>
> regards
> Louise
>
> "Robert S Baxter" <> wrote in message
> > Allene,
> >
> > This is a totally different and unrelated Beauchamp family, the
> Beauchamps
> > of Hatch descended from Simon de Valletort in the male line and
> Robert fitz
> > Ivo
> > in the female. I can't vouch for the complete accuracy of
> this.
> >
> > 1. Robert fitz Ivo
> > 2. Robert I de Beauchamp
> > 3. Robert II de Beauchamp
> > 4. dtr of Robert II de Beauchamp m. Simon de Valletort, son of
> Hugh de
> > Valletort.
> > 5. Robert III de Beauchamp m. Juliania Brett
> > 6. Robert IV de Beauchamp m. Alice de Mohun
> > 7. Humphrey de Beauchamp m. Sybil Oliver
> > Regards,
> > Bob

This thread: