GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-12 > 1009495972

From: "Clagett, Brice" <>
Subject: Tunstalls of Thurland Castle
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:32:52 -0500

I posted the following on Christmas eve, but it never showed up so
I will post it again.

Douglas: are you sure that Margaret Tunstall who married Sir Ralph
Pudsey was a daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Isabel Harington?
Do the sources you cite say this? I have not looked at them for
several years, but when I did I concluded that Margaret was a
daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Eleanor FitzHugh, and
granddaughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Isabel Harington. At
least two sources give this version: Poulson's Seigniory of
Holderness 2:236 and Watney's The Wallop Family.

Also, re Alice de Arundel, wife of Stephen de Segrave: do you know
whether the date of her death, 7 Feb. 1340, is OS or NS?

This thread: