GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-12 > 1009242420

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: Tunstalls of Thurland Castle
Date: 24 Dec 2001 17:07:00 -0800

Dear Brice ~

Thank you for your good post. The answer is yes, Margaret Tunstall,
wife of Ralph Pudsey, was the daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall, by
Isabel Harington. If you check my sources, I think you will find they
give this version. I doubled checked the Pudsey chronology just now
to be certain.

I trust this information has been helpful.

E-mail:

(Clagett, Brice) wrote in message news:<>...
> Douglas -- Are you sure that Margaret Tunstall who married Sir
> Ralph Pudsey was a daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Isabel
> Harington? Do the sources you cite say this? I have not looked at
> them for several years, but when I did I concluded that Margaret
> was a daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Eleanor FitzHugh, and
> granddaughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and isabel Harington. At
> least two sources give this version: Poulson's Seigniory of
> Holderness 2:236 and Watney's The Wally Family.

This thread: