GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-12 > 1009234322

From: "Clagett, Brice" <>
Subject: Tunstalls of Thurland Castle
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:52:02 -0500

Douglas -- Are you sure that Margaret Tunstall who married Sir
Ralph Pudsey was a daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Isabel
Harington? Do the sources you cite say this? I have not looked at
them for several years, but when I did I concluded that Margaret
was a daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and Eleanor FitzHugh, and
granddaughter of Sir Thomas Tunstall and isabel Harington. At
least two sources give this version: Poulson's Seigniory of
Holderness 2:236 and Watney's The Wally Family.

This thread: