GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-01 > 0980911983

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Amie de Gaveston
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:33:03 -0000

Yes, that's what it looked like _ab initio_ ---- from his frantic posts.

Pure thumb-sucking speculation, web-spinning and conspiracy-mongering.

Speculative suggestions and opining offered up in lieu of historical and
genealogical facts.

Not a valid substitute for evidence.

Case Closed.

Verbum Sat Sapienti Est.
----

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

nothing." -- Attributed to Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one
by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." -- Edmund
Burke -- Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents [April 23,
1770]

"You could not stand five minutes with that man [Burke] beneath a shed
while it rained, but you must be convinced you had been standing with
the greatest man you had ever seen." Samuel Johnson [1709-1784],
_Johnsonian Miscellanies [1897], edited by G.B. Hill, vol. 1, p.290

"On rsiste l'invasion des armes; on ne rsiste pas l'invasion des
ides."

Victor Hugo

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor