GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-01 > 0980657399

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Piers Gaveston(1284-1312)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 04:49:59 -0000

It's good to see you back and in good health.
--

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"The final happiness of man consists in the contemplation of truth....
This is sought for its own sake, and is directed to no other end beyond
itself." Saint Thomas Aquinas, [1224/5-1274] "Summa Contra Gentiles"
[c.1258-1264]

"Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Odi profanum vulgus et arceo."

Quintus Aurelius Stultus [33 B.C. - 42 A.D.]

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor.

"John Carmi Parsons" <> wrote in message
| Dear Ken, I have (as Paul can attest) drafted my response to Todd's
| article, which I am now in the process of revising somewhat to address
| more directly the points in his published argument (in PC). Please
let me
| know whether I should continue along these lines at present, or wait
for
| future developments from Todd's side.
|
| Regards to all,
|
| John P.
|
| PS. Cataracts are now a thing of the past, thank Heavens.
|

| On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 wrote:
|

| > In a message dated 1/16/01 11:21:54 PM, writes:
| >
| > << Ken, Did you receive a critique of Todd's article by John Carmi
Parsons,