GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-01 > 0980622930

From: John Carmi Parsons <>
Subject: Re: Piers Gaveston(1284-1312)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:15:30 -0500

Dear Ken, I have (as Paul can attest) drafted my response to Todd's
article, which I am now in the process of revising somewhat to address
more directly the points in his published argument (in PC). Please let me
know whether I should continue along these lines at present, or wait for
future developments from Todd's side.

Regards to all,

John P.

PS. Cataracts are now a thing of the past, thank Heavens.

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 wrote:

> In a message dated 1/16/01 11:21:54 PM, writes:
>
> << Ken, Did you receive a critique of Todd's article by John Carmi Parsons,
> and will
> that scholarly opinion be published in PC? >>
>
> John received a copy of this article in big print, as evidently his cataracts
> are still a problem. Whether or not he will be able to write without help
> again is not certain, so I only hope that all is well with him and he will
> eventually get around to come comments on the article.
>
> Perhaps it is just as well that John Parsons wait a while before responding
> as I have heard from Robert Todd. It seems that he had made even more
> discoveries on the subject of Amy Gaveston. He is writing another article
> dealing and portions of this will discuss the cannonical and the legal
> aspects as well.
>
> Most people have not had a chance to see this first article yet, as the mail
> is slow these days ... even though it costs more.
>
> Kenneth Harper Finton
> Editor and Publisher
> THE PLANTAGENET CONNECTION
> HT Communications / PO Box 1401 / Arvada CO 80001
> VOICE: 303-420-4888 FAX: 303-420-4845
> <A HREF="http://HTCommunications.org/homepage.htm">;
> http://HTCommunications.org/homepage.htm</A>;

This thread: