GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-01 > 0979620359

Subject: Re: Piers Gaveston(1284-1312)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 04:45:59 GMT

Dear Ken:

Can you tell us how much an annual subscription to Plantagenet
Connection costs? Can people acquire a single issue if they want one?

Also, in a separate post, can you please list the table of contents for
the current issue again for the newsgroup. I thought you had an
interesting lineup of articles for this current issue.

Thanks, Ken!

E-mail:

In article <>,
wrote:

> In a message dated 1/12/01 7:58:10 PM, writes:
>
> << Direct Descendants of Peter de Gaveston
>
> 1 Sir Peter de Gaveston aka: Piers de Gaveston b: Abt.
1284 d: 19
> Jun
>
> 1312
>
> +Margaret de Clare b: Oct 1292 d: 9 Apr 1342 ref
#:
> (PA83:12)
>
> 2 Amy de Gaveston b: Aft. 6 Jan 1311/12 ref #: 16A-31
>
> +John de Driby d: Aft. 30 Nov 1357
>
> 3 Alice de Driby b: Abt. 1340 d: 12 Oct 1412 >>
>
> Amy was a child of Margaret, but some convincing evidence that she
was not
> the daughter of Piers is discussed in an article in the new issue of
THE
> PLANTAGENET CONNECTION (Winter 2000). The author is Robert Todd and
many of
> you will be receiving this article shortly, as it takes several weeks
> arrive and was only mailed early last week. If that is the case,
Robert E.
> Lee shares Margaret's genes, but not those of her husband.
>
> Kenneth Harper Finton
> Editor and Publisher
> THE PLANTAGENET CONNECTION
> HT Communications / PO Box 1401 / Arvada CO 80001
> VOICE: 303-420-4888 FAX: 303-420-4845
> <A HREF="http://HTCommunications.org/homepage.htm">;
> http://HTCommunications.org/homepage.htm</A>;

Sent via Deja.com