GATELFAI-L Archives

Archiver > GATELFAI > 2011-10 > 1319913410

From: ,
Subject: Re: [GATELFAIR] Lewis Harris
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:36:50 -0000

Author: Bernicewright97
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.telfair/2566.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

there was a William L Lee who died in Telfair County on July 25, 1949, age 38. Is this the correct one?
The age on the 1920 census is not clear, it could be a 5, 3 or 8. Probably an 8. The 1930 census is also confusing: he is listed as age 17, married at 19, wife 19 married at age 17. If the census is within a year or two of the correct age, I would think that it's the correct person.99% of the entries on the census are incorrect and a goodly number of tomstones also have the wrong date. My husband has an uncle that I've found a different age on the 1910,1920, 1930 census; WW I draft card; tomstone; social security dob. Good guess as to which date is correct! If he died in Telfair County, maybe some one can do a look-up for you in the county library.
Bernice

Important Note: