GATELFAI-L Archives

Archiver > GATELFAI > 2011-10 > 1319900285

From: ,
Subject: Re: [GATELFAIR] Lewis Harris
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 14:58:05 -0000

Author: harrisbrewing
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.telfair/2566.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Thanks for the information. Is there anyway we can verify for sure that the William L. Harris buried in the Scotland City Cemetery is Lewis' son William? In the 1930 Census, he is living with his mother and is married to an Estelle. There is an Estelle Harris Stephenson buried in the Scotland City cemetery. She is supposedly buried next to a Rubin A. Stephenson. Her birth year matches the wife of William L. Harris in the 1930 Census...but the birth date of William L. Harris in that cemetery doesn't match the census. It probably is him. Where would be the best place to check to see if I can get an obituary? The obituary I have for Lewis came from a Pike County newspaper (where Lewis was born) it just mentions him being survived by two children.

It would be interesting to get my hands on the obituary of William L. Harris.

Important Note: