GATELFAI-L Archives

Archiver > GATELFAI > 2011-10 > 1319813103

From: "" <>
Subject: [GATELFAIR] Lewis Harris
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:45:03 -0000

Author: harrisbrewing
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.telfair/2566/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello,

I am looking for information on the family of Lewis Harris. Lewis appears in the 1920 Telfair Co. Census listed as Louis Harris. He was married to Maude Rogers. In 1910, he appears to be living in Montgomery Co. Georgia. a Lewis Harris appears in that Census with a wife named Maud and a son named Freddie.

In the 1920 Telfair Co. Census, Him and Maude have two children, a son named Thad Harris who was born about 1910..and who is probably the same person as Freddie. and a son named William L. Harris who was born around 1915.

Lewis Harris was born on March 28, 1884 in Pike County Georgia, a son of William Taylor Harris and Martha Frances Jones. Lewis died in Telfair Co. Georgia near Scotland on April 25, 1926. He is buried in the Scotland Georgia City Cemetery.

His wife Maude was born on Dec 15, 1890 and died on April 29, 1968 in Baldwin Co. Georgia (according to the GA death index). She is buried next to Lewis in the Scotland City Cemetery.

In the 1930 Telfair County Census, Maude listed as Maudie is head of household.

She again has two children, Thad and William L. Harris living with her also an Estelle Harris is listed as a daughter-in-law. This Estelle was probably the wife of William L. Harris. There is a William L. Harris and Estelle Harris also buried in the Scotland City Cemetery and this William is probably the son of Lewis, but his birth date doesn't match the census information.

I have been unable to locate information on Thad. There was a Thad Harris who was born on Oct 22, 1910 in Georgia and died in Sept 1966 but I have been unable to find out any additional information.

So I would love to learn any additional information about Thad and William L. Harris and their families.

Any help would be appreciated.

Important Note: