GASCREVE-L Archives

Archiver > GASCREVE > 2004-12 > 1102032757

From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: [GASCREVE] Joel and Elizabeth Jackson, Screven Co., GA.; withElizabethFly in 1870 & 1880 census records.
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:12:52 -0500

Hey Bonnie,

The part about ol' Solomon having cut off his two sons sounds familiar.
The story handed down to my late father was that both sons had been
disinherited. Eccentric, indeed - was Solomon Flythe.

Still, it is interesting that G.W. did name one of his sons Solomon.
Sol Flythe is the ancestor or great-grand-uncle to many folks who have
lived in Screven County or had Screven Co. ancestry.

Oh, for anyone on the GASCREVE mailing list who has some interest in the
origins of the Flythes - Bonnie has a webpage dealing with Fly and
Flythe genealogy at the following URL:

**Fly, Flye, & Flythe Family of Virginia,
****North Carolina, and Tennessee**

http://users.rcn.com/fly1776/

Dale

This thread: