GARY-L Archives

Archiver > GARY > 2007-07 > 1183785963

From: ,
Subject: Re: GARYs--Louisiana & Texas
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 05:26:03 -0000

Author: k_courts
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.gary/326.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am serarching for the family of Arvellian Gary, who was left an orphan and that Gary family was living in Jennings, la. and was related to Camille Gary. The reason that I am searching for any information on the orphan Arvellian Gary is that supposedly he was made the heir to the estate of the late Frank Sharpe Batchelor of London, England, which estate was worth millions. There was a letter written in the month of February of the year of 1922 and this letter was written by Camille Gary of Jennings, La. and this letter stated that "In looking over some old papers, I found that attornies in London, England are searching for the heirs of the estate of Frank Sharpe Batchelor, who had died and also wanted proof or authentication of the marriage of Anne Ransford/Rainsford to George Sharpe, which marriage occurred 122 years from the year of 1922 or upwards, so that marriage would have taken place during the years of the late 1700's. Any information would be greatly appreciated, !
thank you very much kitty

Important Note: