GAMORGAN-L Archives

Archiver > GAMORGAN > 2002-10 > 1036025850

From: "Eldon Wade" <>
Subject: RE: [GAMORGAN] Edward Wade and Mary Clements
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:57:30 -0500

Hi John,
I never contented that there was a documented direct tie between Pliney
WADE and the WADEs in Greene Co GA. I simply said I believed that
Pliney was the father of the Edward who married Mary CLEMENTS and
eventually ended up in Greene Co GA.

So you don't think anyone in the Revolutionary War was in their 50's?
John there were many patriots in the Rev. War that were in their 50's
and some even older. Our circumstances and standards today and their
circumstances and standards in those days were very different. Today we
have the luxury of choosing (for the most part) whether we want to go to
some foreign place and fight a war for America. In the Revolutionary
War you were either a patriot or a loyalist. Neighbor against neighbor
and you were forced to participate.
By the way, it is great that you are 57 and served in the RVN. I am 60
years old and I spent 15 months with the 1st Marine Division on the DMZ
which if you recall was the hotbed division between South and North
Vietnam.

Probably the most noted researcher of this line of WADEs is Ophelia WADE
(whom you quoted below). If you read her complete book you would see
that Ophelia concluded that Pliney is most likely the father of the
Edward who married Mary CLEMENTS.
Most people who have researched this line to any extent at all recognize
Ophelia as the authority.

Lastly, you are certainly entitled to believe whomever or whatever you
choose but when one passes info on to another researcher I still assert
that as a courtesy you have a duty to put the person on guard that there
are differ viewpoints on the accuracy of the data you are passing on.

Eldon
mailto:
Researching: WADE, HAMES

Eldon,
I looked that the Pliney WADE material at World Connect but I did
not see anything that made it connect to Morgan or even Greene County,
GA. I did not see any CLEMENTS or CLEMONS in any of the four GEDCOMS
that include Pliney WADE, son of Edward III. However, they did say
Pliney had a son name Edward born 21 Apr 1726 which is well within the
time frame for your Edward but they did not list any marriage for this
Edward WADE.
I then looked back at the Robert WADE and Elizabeth HAMPTON material
and it reads like a Who's-Who" of Madison, GA. The STOKES, the PRYORS,
the BENNETS, the KILPATRICKS, the SCOTTS of Putnam, just to name a few.
As for "their Edward" dying in the RW, these folks were much too old
to be out fighting in any revolution. War is a young man's game, as it
was in my generation - RVN. These folks were all over 50 at the time of
the RW and I am 57 and I sure do not have the will left in me to fight
in another one.
<grin> I am sure they felt much the same way at their age......

John R. Clarke