GAMARION-L Archives

Archiver > GAMARION > 2008-04 > 1208586437

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [GAMARION] 1864 Murder in Marion County
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 06:27:17 -0000

Author: diannetcarter
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.marion/693.3/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Just read your post; discovered 2 days ago that my grandfather Charles Turner and great-grandfather Smith Turner were also indicted for that murder. I too read the newspaper article but have wondered about the disposition. Have you found out anything? The Gus Elliott mentioned may be a relative of mine, too; my grandmother was Mary Elliott before marrying into the Turner family.

I had never heard anything about this or any other scandal involving my grandfather. Am anxious to find out more about it. I live in Georgia but the family moved from Marion County many years ago.

Dianne Carter

Important Note: