GALLAGHER-L Archives

Archiver > GALLAGHER > 2011-04 > 1303995283

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [GALLAGHER] Wm. Gallagher/Bridget Fyland--Tunstall, UK/ONTARIO
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:54:43 -0000

Author: kieranfyland
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.gallagher/1195.1.1.2.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Michael,
thanks for some great information.You are right about the Fylands being a bit nomadic,I know that they must have been in UK IN 1856 for Bridgets birth but records are very sparse for the Fylands who do not appear in any census until 1881 and then again 1891,birth records are just as scarce. Its interesting where Tempest Street got its name a shop now stands on the site in Silksworth and Vane Tempest was a coal mine opened in Seaham in 1928 only a couple of miles away. If you have any other Fyland history it would be greatly appreciated in particular Mary Halpin the wife of Thomas Fyland (Bridgets brother and my great grandfather) after thier marriage in 1891,my grandfather John Fyland was brought up by Elizabeth (Fyland) Edgar a sister of Thomas and Bridget. I understand that my grandfather had at least 1 half sibling called Joseph and records showed others in the local area but no definate links.
again many thanks and contact if you need any help
Kieran

Important Note: