GALLAGHER-L Archives

Archiver > GALLAGHER > 2011-01 > 1295267572

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [GALLAGHER] Gallaghers from Leitrim
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:32:52 -0000

Author: wyatt11550
Surnames: Gallagher, Daley, Daily, Cleary, Clary
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.gallagher/3059.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Probably no relation but there are some coincidences.

And I am sorry to say that I have not yet tried to explore my Irish ancestry.

My Mother's maternal grandparents were,

Joseph Daley Worth & Marie E. Gallagher.

Joe's mother was Hanna M. Daley (Daily or Daly)

b. 24 Jun 1845/1846 Ireland

She first lived in NY,

d. 8 Jan 1923 Cincinnati

I have no knowledge of her parents.

Marie's parents were:

Patrick Gallagher b. 1845/1846 Ireland and

Mary Cleary (or Clary) b. 1844/1845 Ireland

According to family legend, my Gallaghers were from Sligo.
I do not know when Patrick or Mary came to the US.

Patrick's parents were (according to family legend)
Charles Gallagher & Mary Gallagher (and Gallagher was her maiden name).

Mary Cleary's (or Clary) parents were (according to family legend),
Dr. Roger Cleary (or Clary) and Catherine Scanlon.
They supposedly were both born about 1820 and from County Mayo.

Anyone know of any of the people mentioned above ?

As I mentioned, I have not yet tried to explore my Irish ancestry.

I spent the time tracking down most of the descendants of my Gallaghers.

Many thanks.

Important Note: