GALLAGHER-L Archives

Archiver > GALLAGHER > 2009-01 > 1233165036

From: Esther Ann <>
Subject: Re: [GALLAGHER] John Gallagher, Philadelphia, Pa
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:50:36 -0500

Hi List,
Is there not any John Gallagher's online from the Philadelphia area???? =-)

My Gallagher's as so told lived in the Philadelphia area, not sure where
though?
Oral history is that he married a Catherine/katherine/Kate Smith.....
not verified?
When he immigrated I can't be sure, since most of the children were born
in the
1880's+/- I can only assume possibly, 1860's??? That's if he wasn't born
here himself?

My great grandmother's obituary card indicates the following
names related to her:
Mrs. Catherine Gallagher Baker: 4/1889-2/22/1963, Media, Pa.

Brothers:John Gallagher, William Gallagher, and George Gallagher of
Philadelphia
Sister's: Mrs. A.(Ann?) Pfaefer of Brigantine, New Jersey
Mrs. William Slaeter of Cap May New Jersey
Mrs. Helen Gordon, Philadelphia

Husband: Howard L. Baker, of Media, Pa
Children: Son: Lewis H. Baker,Media, Pa
Dau:Mrs. Margaret Carroll, Media.Pa
Ennis Baker, deceased:

One Brother we think had a farm in Buck's Co. Pa
Another was a lineman of some sorts
and another at one time worked at Reedmans Car Dealership.
The sister's at one time in their youth worked at a Lace Factor.....
We think it was the sister Helen Gordon who use to visit Grandmom
by coming in on the train into Media, so that might give a hint to a
Gordon family who lived near the train station in Philadelphia in the
1950-1960's if not earlier time period.......
I'm sure the name Pfaefer and or Slaeter related to the Gallagher's within
New Jersey or the Philadelphia area can't be common therefore if anyone
has connections to these names through the Gallagher's come on down! =-)

Esther