GALLAGHER-L Archives

Archiver > GALLAGHER > 2007-12 > 1198351731

From: Esther Ann <>
Subject: Re: [GALLAGHER] Gallagher>Ireland>Beaver Meadows, PA>Bethlehem,PA & Phillipsburg, NJ
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:28:51 -0500

Hi List,

I just noticed your inquiry and that you had somewhat local Gallagher,
there Dick!
I have Philadelphia Gallagher, (which I know there were tons) but bare
with me, lol
I have a John Gallagher who married a Catherine/Katherine Smith.
they had seven or so children, John, William, George, Ann, Katherine,
Helen. I'm not
sure where they lived in Philly nor unfortunately where they originated
from...
I have tried through the years, posting and searching online, but there
is just so
many families with the same names and mine fall through the crack of
census times
in order to determine one from the others....
The only oral history I have been able to gather is that either the
parents or one of the
brothers did have a farm possibly in the Buck's County area, and one of
the boys did
work at the Reedman Car Dealership in its early days. However, I have
pic's of who
we think might be Gallagher guys who use to be line men..... Their
physical characters
are described as having very jet black hair in youth and dark eyes. My
nana was not a
tall woman but her love for cooking did result in her being quite large.
Now one of her
sisters who use to visit and who we think was Helen Hughes, was much
taller and
a large woman. Two of the sister's did move to the Cape May and
Brigatine, New
Jersey area by the name of Ann Phister (sp?) and Mrs. Wm Slaeter.(sp?)
Does any of this sound
familiar to you?
Thanks, Esther

John Galllagher, - Catherine/Katherine Gallagher
Children: John, William, George, Helen Hughes, Phila, Ann Phister, NJ,
Mrs. Wm Slaeter, NJ,
Katherine Baker, Media, Pa.(my line)