GALLAGHER-L ArchivesArchiver > GALLAGHER > 1999-03 > 0922813363
Subject: [GALLAGHER-L] John, Thomas, Michael Gallagher
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:02:43 EST
My Gallaghers were in County Cork in the mid 1800's. I am not sure where they
1. THOMAS GALLAGHER married ELLEN ------------------________________
2. JOHN GALLAGHER - Married Ellen Roche. According to marriage
certificate they were married in the parish of Glanworth and Ballindangan,
of Cloyne, County Cork, on January 31, 1862. The marriage witnesses were
Michael Gallagher and Catherine Roche. A family chart says John was a farmer
Ballinarty, but there is no such place. John died in Boston, MA, in 1887.
Ellen Roche Gallagher's parents were WILLIAM ROCHE and NANCY GALLAGHER.
(most likely a different Gallagher family - maybe from Glanworth).
3. ANNIE GALLAGHER Born April 12, 1863. She was baptized in the
parish of Glanworth; her Baptismal sponsors were William Roche and Honora
Roche. She married Dennis Kenney and settled in Concord, NH.
3. THOMAS GALLAGHER was baptized in the parish of Glanworth on
September 7, 1864. His Baptismal sponsors were Bartholomew Gallagher
and Margaret Roche. He married HATTIE BURNETTE from Fitchburg, MA.
Thomas died in 1932 in Boston, MA.
4. STEPDAUGHTER Her name was Mary and she is listed as a
step-child on a family chart. She might have been a child born to Hattie by a
previous marriage According to the same family chart she married a NEWHALL.
5. CHILD NEWHALL
5. CHILD NEWHALL
3. ELLEN GALLAGHER married THOMAS BURNS. She was born
9-9-1866 in Ballindangan, Mitchelstown, County Cork and baptized in the parish
of Glanworth. Her Baptismal sponsors were Denis Gallagher and Mary Leary. At
time Ellen and Tom were in Tonopah, Nevada.
4. JOHN F. was born in Boston, on April 30, 1889. He died at 4 mo.
4. ANN died in Boston MA on 12-24-1895 of meningitis-tubercular.
according to her death record at Mass. Archives in Boston. . She was
four years old so she was probably born in 1891in Ashland, MA.
4. MARY According to the family chart Mary was a waitress. She
married a BICKFIELD/BECKFELDT, an O'MALLEY, and a DONEGAN in
5. FEMALE BICKFIELD/BECKFELDT
5. FEMALE BICKFIELD/BECKFELDT
5. MALE O'MALLEY
5. CHILD O'MALLEY
3. WILLLIAM (WILL) GALLAGHER - Baptized 2-10-1869 in the
parish of Glanworth by the Rev. William Daly. His sponsors were Thomas
Coughlan and Mary Roche. He probably died young.
3. MARY (MAMIE) GALLAGHER was baptized in the parish of
Glanworth on December 10, 1870. Her Baptismal sponsors were Richard Coughlan
and Mary Roche. She married HATCH in Los Angeles, CA.
3. JOHN GALLAGHER was baptized in the parish of Glanworth on
May 18, 1871 by the Rev. W. Daly PP. His Baptismal sponsors were
Bartholomew Coughlan and Margaret Birmingham. Married MARY CONROY MCGRATH -
2nd marriage for her and 1st for John. They lived in Cambridge, MA.
Mary had several children by her first husband.
3. ELIZABETH (LIZZIE) GALLAGHER was baptized in the parish of '
Glanworth on July 22, 1874 by the Rev. J. Murphy. Her Baptismal sponsors were
Maurice Roche and Elizabeth Walsh. She married HARRY O'BRIEN and settled in
Los Angeles, CA.
4. STEPCHILD - Mary (perhaps a child of Mr. O'Brien)
4. HELEN E. O'BRIEN LANGFORD
3. MICHAEL GALLAGHER was baptized in the parish of Glanworth on
August 21, 1876 by the Rev. J.O'Keeffe. His Baptismal sponsors were
Richard Gallagher and Bridget Launders. Michael died December 3, 1883 in
3. WILLIAM (BILL) GALLAGHER married first ELIZABETH (LIZZIE)
Bill Gallagher might have been born in New York City -Staten Island. Many
records give that information, but records disagree, including both of his
marriage records, his death record and the records of the births of his
children. He first married Elizabeth L.(Lizzie) Sweeney on December 2, 1892 in
Most Precious Blood church in Hyde Park, MA. .
4. JOHN WILLIAM was born in Hyde Park, MA, on February 16, 1893
He was baptized March 12, 1893 with John Welch and Mary
4. WILLIAM J. was born in Hyde Park, MA, on February 8, 1894. He
same day - 1/2 day old. He was baptized February 8, 1894 at
Precious Blood Church in Hyde Park with godparents Henry
Margarita A. ______.
4. FRANCES A. was born January 21, 1895 and baptized at Most
Blood parish in Hyde Park. Her godparents were Timothy Murphy and
Elizabeth Brown. She died 2-19-1895.
4. JOSEPH E. Joseph E. was born July 2, 1896 in Hyde Park, MA. He
baptized July 13, 1896, at Most Precious Blood Church in Hyde
William J. Sweeney and Birgit L. Jenkins as godparents. He
Minton in 1918 in Lowell, MA. He died young - 1931.
4. HENRY THOMAS GALLAGHER was born July 31, 1897. His Baptismal
sponsors were Timothy Murphy and Catherine Sweeney. He was
baptized as Thomas Henry
4. FRANCIS PATRICK (FRANK) GALLAGHER was born March 17, 1899.
Probably he was baptized April 2, 1899 at Most Precious Blood
in Hyde Park with godparents Patrick Burke and Helen/Ellen
4. (MARY) HILDA GALLAGHER was born April 30, 1901. She was baptized
May 28, 1901 with James Gallagher and Helena J. Barry as
On December 24, 1934, her marriage of July 11, 1925 to Jean De
4. FRANK On family chart listed as a sailor who married MARY.
4. HENRY was a policeman in Los Angeles.