GACOBB-L Archives

Archiver > GACOBB > 2002-02 > 1013827480

From: <>
Subject: Re: [GACOBB] Maloney Springs Baptist Church
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:46:07 -0500

The Maloney Springs Cemetery survey is in Volume I of Cobb County Georgia Cemeteries, pp. 366 - 377 of the 1984 edition. I didn't find Joel Pinckney McPherson or Mary
Amanda Turley McPherson in the index for Vol. 1 or 2. I don't have Vol. 3 which is the Marietta National Cemetery.
There are a number of unmarked fieldstones in Maloney
Springs Cemetery, but I would expect they were pre-1880.

The Maloney Springs Church minutes are extant. The Smyrna Historical and Genealogy Society printed a number of transcription installments in the early 1990s.
Several branches of my family were members of the church: Barber, Clay, Daniell, and Pace.
Ken Daniell

> From: Crilley <>
> Date: 2002/02/15 Fri PM 05:03:14 EST
> Subject: [GACOBB] Maloney Springs Baptist Church
>
> Jerri
>
> who is helping us out with all the Obits needs some assistance.
>
> Please....if anyone knows about this church....or the cemetery, please tell
> us what you know!
>
> =================
>
> Virginia, I need some help with some Cobb Co. research. Searching for any
> church record for Maloney Springs Baptist Church.
>
> My ggg grandfather, Joel
> Pinkney McPherson was the minister there around 1880. It was in the Smyrna
> area.
>
> I was told it was in the corner of Austell Rd. and South Cobb Dr.
>
> The
> cemetery is still there but the church has long since been gone. I was hoping
> there might be some church minutes with mention of Joel Pinkney.
>
> We do not
> know where he is buried but I am thinking it was in Cobb Co. somewhere.
> wandered if he could be Maloney Springs Cemetery. HIs wife was Mary Amanda
> Turley McPherson. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Virginia Crilley

This thread: