GACOBB-L Archives

Archiver > GACOBB > 2002-02 > 1013813390

From: "Linda Murray" <>
Subject: Re: [GACOBB] Maloney Springs Baptist Church
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:49:50 -0500

Jerri,

I have been hoping for the same thing for the old Holly Springs Methodist
cemetery for over thirty years. Nothing has been discovered thus far, but I
haven't given up. You don't give up on Maloney Springs either.

I checked both Cobb cemetery books and the 1st Hundred Years and found
neither indexed. There was also nothing except the Maloney Springs cemetery
in the 1st Hundred Years; nothing at all concerning the church itself. I
also checked the index of my old obituary abstracts and found no McPhersons.
Did he/they live long enough to have a death certificate? Have you checked
with the Georgia Room to see if they have anything in their collection of
Cobb church histories?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Will keep an eye out.

Linda