GACOBB-L Archives

Archiver > GACOBB > 2002-02 > 1013810594

From: Crilley <>
Subject: [GACOBB] Maloney Springs Baptist Church
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:03:14 -0600

Jerri

who is helping us out with all the Obits needs some assistance.

Please....if anyone knows about this church....or the cemetery, please tell
us what you know!

=================

Virginia, I need some help with some Cobb Co. research. Searching for any
church record for Maloney Springs Baptist Church.

My ggg grandfather, Joel
Pinkney McPherson was the minister there around 1880. It was in the Smyrna
area.

I was told it was in the corner of Austell Rd. and South Cobb Dr.

The
cemetery is still there but the church has long since been gone. I was hoping
there might be some church minutes with mention of Joel Pinkney.

We do not
know where he is buried but I am thinking it was in Cobb Co. somewhere.
wandered if he could be Maloney Springs Cemetery. HIs wife was Mary Amanda
Turley McPherson. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Virginia Crilley

This thread: