GA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-ROOTS > 2004-03 > 1079628751

From: Joe W Peterson <>
Subject: Re: [GA-Roots] Questions on Georgia customs
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:52:31 -0600

Yes there were traveling prechers, They use to travel in the summer to
preform
marrages, funerals and preach the word of God. In many of the area's of
the west
there was too few people to support a full time preacher. And in others
the Minister
Welcomed the new voice in the pulpit. I remember hearing them in the 30's
in Texas.
Joepete