GA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-ROOTS > 2001-07 > 0996551038

From: "Gerald Gieger" <>
Subject: Re: [GA-Roots] cemetery vandalism
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:43:58

Could be the Veterans Adm or some organization like Woodmen of the World,
IOOF, or ??? Also, it might have been broken by the mowers of the
Cemetery-owners/Association and replaced by their insurance...

I favor burying the old stone at ground level on top of the grave, which
means you have two markers to compare, but also preseves the historic one...