GA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-ROOTS > 2000-08 > 0966517829

From: "Gerald Gieger" <>
Subject: Re: [GA-Roots] Marrying Ages
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:10:29 GMT

My late Wife, Frances, and I were both 18 when we married, considered young
for a guy, but about right for a girl at that time in Texas...

God gave us a life beyond our wildest dreams. We had four sons and three
daughters, four granddaughters and ten grandsons, but they are not
finished...my younger is not married yet; in fact he just graduated from
College this past June and has a steady girlfriend...while I do not
recommend very young marriages, they can lead to a long and happy life for
two committed people...All of mine have married in their 20's...those who
finished College before marriage have fared better...

Yesterday was Frances' 64th birthday, but she departed two years ago for a
much more beautiful place where the roses are always in full bloom, the
streets glisten with the purest gold pavement, and there is no
night...albeit she was my sunshine and the love of my life, I have a promise
that I shall see her again, waiting for me at the entrance... I took flowers
to the cemetery yesterday, however, I do not cry any more; in an instant
last year, HE took all that hurt away and filled it with the Joy of HIS
presence...But I loved her and miss her a lot...

Gerry
Look UP!
Luke 21:28/Acts 1:11
[for a tribute to Frances, see: