GA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-ROOTS > 2000-08 > 0965952400

From: "Sharla Linex" <>
Subject: [GA-Roots] Hiram BURDETT
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:06:40 -0500

Hi list,
Ive posted before searching for my gg grandmother Amanda BURDETT, I've recently found information via Family tree maker Vol 6 tree 575, and alot of information through LDS. and now know that Amanda was listed as Mandy BURDETT, and a sister Ida Pearl, also a brother Javis BURDETT, a sister Luna amd a sister Alice. According to the LDS they were in the Atlanta, Fulton Co., GA area. Hiram married Sarah Caroline CULVER in BARTOW Co, GA August 26, 1869. He is my brick wall, I cant find anything on him. If anyone can connect or lead me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.... Thanks for your help. BTW, the BURDETTS moved from GA to Al then IT by 1895 and others to Cleburn, Johnson CO., TX. by 1880-1890 I also found a Stephen BURDETT who married a Gahsey MALCOMB in July of 1871 In BARTOW Co., GA, makes me wonder if this was a brother to Hiram. I'm not sure where the Name Hiram originates from. Would be greatly appreciated for any advice or leads on this family. My other dillemma is that Amanda apparently married my gg grandfather Andrew LENNOX. according the 1900 IT census she was 24 and Andrew was 38, they had been married for 12 years , meaning that at the time of her marriage she would only be 13 and haveing her first child at 14. According to the LDS records and the date of her parents marriage I cant see that their was a mistake on this age. I would think that a 13 year old girl marrying a 27 year old man would cause quite a stir, unless they ran away and never really married other than verbal committment. any suggestions???? I'm totally baffled.

Thanks so much.
Sharla Linex

Researching maternal: BRANCH, CALLAWAY, CAMPBELL, COKER, DAWSON, DEATS, EVANS, HOLDEN, NICKS
paternal: BOSTICK, BURDETTE, EASTERLY, EPPINETTE, HORN, La EPPINETTE, LENOX/LENNOX/LINEX, WILLIAMSON

This thread: