GA-ROLLCALL-L Archives

Archiver > GA-ROLLCALL > 2008-04 > 1208806392

From: Tami Johnston <>
Subject: [GA-ROLLCALL] Johns(t)on Georgia to Louisiana
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lists:

Once again I am trying to find information on my David Johns(t)on b. 1788 in Georgia (according to his will in Wilkinson County) d. 1852 in Plaquemines Parish, LA. David was a riverboat pilot in Plaquemines Parish, LA. He married Hanna Hoffman in 1840 in Louisiana. Given the age of David at this marriage with Hanna, I am guessing that he was married before. David & Hanna had one son Alexander Henry (A.H.) Johns(t)on in 1841.

David's will in 1852 indicated that he had siblings (brothers & sisters) but they were all gone by the time of his death. David's will further indicates that he was born in Wilkinson County in 1788, but I know it was Indian Territory, so not too sure about whether he was or wasn't born there. His will ONLY lists his son Alexander & wife, Hanna. No mention of any other children nor spouses.

Any help, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tami Johnston
New Orleans, LA

JOHNSTON/HOFFMAN/KEISSEL/HOERNER/ZWEIFEL/USNER/ELWELL/DOCLAR/WEISHEIMER/HUCKINS/ and many many more

VISIT MY SITES AT:
http://johnstonfamily.tribalpages.com
http://arnoultfamily.tribalpages.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and