GA-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > GA-OBITS > 2004-01 > 1074779266

From: "Linda Murray" <>
Subject: Re: [GA-OBITS] Willis Remer HART - Emanuel & Bulloch Counties
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:47:46 -0500

Sheila,

Your husband's Harts are buried at Poplar Springs Baptist Church cemetery in
Bulloch County, and Remer is shown on the 1900 census in the household of
his father, Thomas J. Hart, who is also buried there.

The difficult name on the 1920 Emanuel County enumeration is Noel, and Noel
is buried next to his father at Poplar Springs. I've tried everything I
know to locate him in the 1930 census and can't find him anywhere in the
state. It's possible that after his parents died, he went to live with one
of his sisters and was erroneously enumerated with the same surname as the
head of household. Because he died at age 20, he may not have left any
family, but I'd check Bulloch County area obituaries for August 1935 anyhow.

Mary Lewery, dau. of WWR and ME Hart - August 6, 1918 - August 6, 1918
Mollie Pauline, dau. of WWR and ME Hart - November 13, 1913 - February 26,
1918
Mattie Elizabeth, wife of WWR Hart - March 29, 1884 - August 16, 1918
WILLIS R. Hart - January 17, 1878 - November 14, 1925
Noel Hart - July 25, 1915 - August 6, 1935
Undertaker's marker - illegible
Otis A. Hart - October 8, 1891 - November 4, 1919

In another plot are
Thomas J. Hart - October 28, 1850 - March 13, 1926
Nancy E. Hart, wife of TJ Hart - Mar 17, 1862 - November 6, 1897
Weatha Ann Woods, wife of Thomas J. Hart - August 22, 1863 - July 19, 1939

Thomas J. Hart appears in the Georgia Death Index:
Tom Hart, died March 13, 1926, Bulloch County - Certificate #5626-H

And - even though the date is wrong, I would also order the death
certificate for the only similarly-named Hart who died in 1925 in Bulloch
County:
Willie Hart, died August 17, 1925, Bulloch County - Certificate #21793-G
If his full name was William Willis Remer Hart, that may be the correct
one - OR - the handwritten name "Willis" may have been misinterpreted as
Willie.

It's always possible that an error was made in the date - by either the
person who did the cemetery survey, the person who filed the death
information with the state, or the person who entered the data into the
system. If the certificate states that this Willie Hart was buried at
Poplar Springs, you'll know you have the right one, and will be able to move
forward from there.

I hope this helps you get past at least one of your hurdles, and I wish you
much luck in your Hart search!

Linda in Marietta