Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2010-10 > 1288216559

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] HTML5 - List of attributes that wont be valid
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:55:59 +1300

Still cutting your teeth on HTML4 and CSS2?

Seems like yesterday that HTML4 superceded HTML3, but like everything,
change is inevitable, and HTML5 will soon be with us. When, I'm not sure,
but "soon" is a time related variable!

The outcome of the introduction of HTML5 will be simpler mark-up, and no
need for pesky niceties such as -

Those two examples will become just <style> and <script>.

However, many attributes that we attach to mark-up, e.g.

when checking a HTML5 document. CSS must be used to achieve similar results.

A list of the deprecated attributes can be found at:-

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~bristowe/test/html5-attr.html

Note that the W3C Validator will check documents using <!DOCTYPE html>
against the currently developed HTML5 standard.

Barry

This thread: