FREEMAN-L Archives

Archiver > FREEMAN > 2001-10 > 1002499563

From: "Frank" <>
Subject: Re: [FREEMAN-L] KENTUCKY FREEMANS
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 17:06:03 -0700

I am just getting started on this line. Someone is suppose to be sending me some material in a couple of weeks. At this time, I can't help either of us yet. I am posting below what I have. I don't have anything on Benjamin, except that he had a son Eli.

Does he mention a son, Eli, in his will? I really would like to have a copy of that, and would be more than happy to reimburse you.

It is rather unusual for parent or grandparent to move on and leave the children behind. So I question as to whether or not the Benjamin you mention is the same. Eli married in 1929 in KY, and you say Benjamin was in IN in 1832. I Another thing, I understand there is an intentional bogus Freeman Genealogy floating around that states the Mayflower connection. This name was published on one of the lists, so even if we want it to be, we have to be very careful. Evidently a fraudulent researcher prepared the false genealogy
1 Eli Freeman b:1737 VA
2 Benjamin FREEMAN
3 Eli FREEMAN b: 1794 KY

+Mary "Polly" JENKINS b: 1810 KY m: 2 Feb 1829 Garrard Co., KY

Father: David JENKINS Mother: Martha "Patsy" ALFORD

4 Stephen F. Freeman b: 1832 KY

+Rachel Unknown b: 1830 m: c 1850

4 Benjamin Freeman b: 1834

4 Lucy A. Freeman b: 1839

4 Martha A. Freeman b: 1844

4 Balis Jack FREEMAN b: 1845 KY

+Martha E. Hendren b: 1845 KY m: 10 Jan 1867 Washington Co., KY Father: Robert Hendren Mother: Sarah J. Poulter

5 Granville Meritt Freeman b: 1869 KY

+Minnie Veach m: 29 Jul 1886 Coles Co., IL

5 Paralee Freeman b: 1871 KY

+George Veach m: 16 Oct 1889 Coles Co., IL

5 Solomon Jasper FREEMAN b: Feb 1872 KY d: Unknown

+Arizona "Zona" Mary Woodrum b: 17 Aug 1877 IL m: 1 Jan 1896 Coles Co., IL d: 4 Aug 1932 Unknown Father: John Lawrence WOODRUM Mother: Elizabeth SAWERS/SOWERS

5 Sarah E. Freeman b: 1877 KY

+R. L. Lackey m: 25 Aug 1895 Coles Co., IL

5 Anna M. Freeman b: 1879 KY

+Ralph L. Garrett m: 25 Oct 1894 Coles Co., IL

4 Granville M. Freeman b: 1845

4 Theodore F. Freeman b: 1848

My address is:

KJ Parker
3138 Community Avenue
La Crescenta, Ca 91214

Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 4:46 PM

I have Benjamin Freeman b. bet. 1760-1770 md. Margaret Devine August 29, 2786
in Harrodsburg, Mercer County, KY. Margaret Devine was born abt. 1759 d.
abt. 1825.
Benjamin died in Orange County, Indiana March 1832. Margaret died earlier
abt. 1825. After her death Benjamin married Polly Watts in Orange County,
Indiana. They had 9 children: 1)Gabriel b. bet. 1786 -1796 in KY d. 1818 in
IN; 2) John b. bet. 1786-1796; 3) George b. bet. 1786-1818; 4) Hilliman b.
bet. 1786 -1818 KY; 5) Hillory b. 1786 -1816 KY; 6)Sidney (female) b. abt.
1790 Mercer County, KY; 6)Sally b. abt. 1782 Mercer County, KY; 7)William H.
b. 1794 Mercer County, KY; 8)Benjamin b. Abt. 1898 Kentucky. I descend from
Sidney who married my great, great grandfather John Wilson. I traced
Benjamin from Mercer County, Ky to Warren County, KY (were Sidney md. John
Wilson) on to Orange County, IN. Benjamin purchased land in Orange County,
Indiana as early as 1812 before Indiana became a state. He owned as much as
600 acres in the area of Orleans. Some have speculated that Benjamin
descends from the Mayflower Freemans but I have seen not real evidence to
convince me of that. I believe it is all wishfull thinking. I am sure his
family came from Virginia. I am very interested in any information that
would connect him with Eli Freeman b. 1737 VA. I have collected a lot of
information on this Benjamin. I have copies of his will etc. and many of his
descendents. Please contact me if we have a connection.

Ronald Jack Wilson

This thread: