FRAME-L Archives

Archiver > FRAME > 2002-06 > 1025179081

From: "Heather" <>
Subject: Re: Family FRAME
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:04:08 +1000

Dear Mary, yes have been on the IGI many times but my Frame family seemed to
be in Hamilton, Lanarkshire from the 18th century but cannot find the
marriage of parents of my William Smellie Frame (called Smallie) on the
census records of 1841 and 1851. He died 1860. He married a few times
according to Hamilton parish register but his marriage to Janet King in 1834
in Hamilton seemed to be the main one. They had William, Margaret, Janet and
John (my ggg grandfather). The parents of Smallie Frame were (according to
his DC) Janet Smillie and William Smellie Frame who would have been married
possibly around 1790's to 1800. Smallie Frame would have been born around
1803 and he always stated Hamilton. I don't know if there is an irish
connection but to date have not found one.
It is not unusual for the births in a family to span over a 20 year period.
It was quite common actually. They seemed to have a child almost to the day
every two years in most cases I have seen. I have seen the name Frame also
in Ireland as I have searched for my father's maternal side in Co. Tyrone
and Fermanagh. You can also look at the IGI by batch numbers which brings
up the actual parish register film batch number and you can then search the
actual surnames you are looking for in the film of a parish.Unfortunately I
cannot open that web page because of a technical hitch but it is
http:/freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers.htm and
there is also the freeBMD's page for the England and Wales. which is very
good too. Heather ----- Original Message -----