FRA-LORRAINE-L Archives

Archiver > FRA-LORRAINE > 2004-04 > 1082372263

From: BARBARA BOYLE <>
Subject: Re: [LORRAINE] Various surnames of Lorraine and the Saar
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:57:43 -0400

My gggrandfather, Paul LAUER son of Caspar and Catherine Hollander LAUER of Bliesbruck, came to the United States in the 1840s. One of his sisters, Gertrude, married a Joseph STARCK in Bliesbruck, Lorraine before also immigrating to the United States in 1853. Both of these children, along with brother, Martin, and sister, Marie Elisabeth, settled in the Buffalo, New York area. I don't know if there is a connection with your family at all but since two of the surnames match up, I thought I would contact you.
Barbara Boyle