FLY-L Archives

Archiver > FLY > 2009-10 > 1255125618

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [FLY] Fly and Capps
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 22:00:18 -0000

Author: BonnieGF
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.fly/238.2.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Clarence Michaels sent me the last two copies of his book. We had corresponded for a while and he was aware that there were some errors. For example, three English brothers did not leave England and settle in Tennessee. The earliest members of the family settled in Isle of Wight Co., Virginia in the mid-1600s.
The Tennessee Flys came from Northampton Co., North Carolina. Northampton is right on the Virginia-NC state line and Southampton Co., Virginia is directly north. Members of the family moved from Isle of Wight to Southampton Co. probably in the 1740s or 1750s. Then they went to Northampton just before the Rev. War.
The book is really delightful and has lots of useful information! Mr. Michaels did send me some additional information but I have not looked at it in years.
Bonnie

Important Note: