FLDUVAL-L Archives

Archiver > FLDUVAL > 2009-03 > 1237835035

From: "" <>
Subject: [FLDUVAL] April 25th Seminar-Jacksonville, FL
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:03:55 -0400

FOR PUBLICATION PLEASE

The Jacksonville Public Library in conjunction with The Southern Genealogist's Exchange
Society(SGES) will sponsor a free all day " Spring Seminar and Genealogy Fair".
The speaker will be Jana Sloan Broglin, a nationally known and well respected speaker
with 25 years of experience. The workshop is Saturday, April 25th. The doors open
at 9:15AM and the program begins at 10:00AM. Registration is required. Free parking
in the Duval Street garage. You may go to : [http://www.sgesjax.com]www.sgesjax.com
home page and click on Spring Seminar to register; or, you may go the the Jacksonville
Public Library site and register: [http://jpl.coj.net/]http://jpl.coj.net/ This
will take you to the JPL home page, go to Programs and Events under General Library
Information and click on Spring Seminar. You will receive detailed topic information
and you may register there.

If you have questions, feel free to contact Laura Minor, Jacksonville Public Library,
Genealogy Department or Betty Reed, SGES President or respond to this email and
I will forward to the appropriate party.

Groups participating in the fair: Sons of the American Revolution, Daughters of
the American Revolution, Children of the American Revolution, Sons of the Confederacy,
Jacksonville African American Genealogy Society, Jacksonville Historical Society,
Mandarin Museum and Historical Society, Karpeles Manuscript Museum, Amelia Island
Genealogy Society, Fleming Island Genealogy Society , Southern Genealogist's Exchange
Society, and more....

Join us for this wonderful day of learning.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Nela,

Then for our members the information will read a little differently and contain
different information...Following....

Hi Fellow Genealogists...

Aren't you still smiling about Ancestry Day ? The president is so proud of SGES
and the members.
Now we proceed to our next adventure. ONWARD! Please note this change on your
calendar.

Our April meeting falls on Easter weekend. We have opted for no meeting on the
second Saturday but our meeting is inclusive with the Jacksonville Public Library

on April 25th(4th Saturday) with Jana Sloan Broglin speaking. This will be a free
seminar . You must sign up as lunch will be on your own and we will be ordering.
"Tidbits" will be doing the box lunch. If you have not signed up as yet, please
follow these instructions and sign up now.
Go the the Jacksonville Public Library site and register: [http://jpl.coj.net/]http://jpl.coj.net/
This will take you to the JPL home page, go to Programs and Events under General
Library Information and click on Spring Seminar. You will receive detailed topic
information and you may register there. Please register soon to show support both
to JPL and the society.
Groups participating in the fair: Sons of the American Revolution, Daughters of
the American Revolution,Children of the American Revolution, Sons of the Confederacy,

Colonial Dames XVII Century; Jacksonville Historical Society, Mandarin Museum and
Historical Society, Karpeles Manuscript Museum, Family History Center-Arlington,
Amelia Island Genealogy Society, Fleming Island Genealogy Society , Southern Genealogist's
Exchange Society, and more.... It is an easy way to interactive with representatives
from all of these mutual interest groups and ask questions.

Join us for this wonderful day of learning.

Important : If you were at the Ancestry Day you heard this announcement but I defintely
want you to understand. If you desire to sign up to be a member of Ancestry or
if you want to purchase a DNA kit, or make a book or a poster or calendar from "My
Canvas" or you want to purchase a book they are selling, like the "Source" or George
Morgan's New Edition of Using Ancestry.com Guide or any other book...go to our
website. To sign up for Ancestry membership click on build a family tree on the
home page. DNA is on Surname Search page, My Canvas is on Bookstore page. Use these
icons to get to Ancestry's site. Why? If you purchase, Ancestry will give the
society a donation! It is the normal price but because we have guided you there,
they reward your society. Help us in this way. Help your society grow.

This is an astounding year for SGES. Three months into the year and we have taken
off . Tell your friends to join us as we still have much on the horizon and I know
you will not want to miss anything.
More to follow.

(Then sign)

This thread: