FIEDLER-L Archives

Archiver > FIEDLER > 2008-02 > 1202137526

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [FIEDLER] Martin Fiedler / Catherine Mertzel - childConstantine Fiedler - Looking for info
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:05:26 -0000

Author: Lori_Mahoney
Surnames: Fiedler, Seifert
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.fiedler/123.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

DeLaina,

I have some info about Martin Fiedler (b:c1806 in Bavaria) and Margareth (Schriber) Fiedler (b: 1805-1808 in Bavaria). I'm not familiar with the name Catherine Mertzel. The 1850 Census lists Martin and Margareth living in Jackson, Stark County, OH with many children including Constantine (age 4 born in Germany) and my gg-grandmother Elizabeth (Fiedler) Seifert.

I also have the 1880 census record that shows Constantine and Elizabeth living in St Joseph, MN with chilren Martin, Elizabeth, Peter, Margareth and Mary Ann and Constant's mother Margareth. William was born in 1882.

I have found some info saying that Martin and Margareth were married in about 1830 in Oberstreu, Bavaria, Germany, but I have not verified it yet.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you've found anything out about when Martin and Margareth (Catherine?) came over from Germany.

-Lori

Important Note: