FERMANAGH-GOLD-L Archives

Archiver > FERMANAGH-GOLD > 2009-12 > 1262028455

Subject: Re: FER-GOLD Reiver cousins -- Graham, Armstrong
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:27:35 +0000 (UTC)

Dear All-

I watched, what I remember, a History channel documentary on the Pilgrims in Massachusetts.  They mentioned that before the Pilgrims came there were fishermen fishing on the banks of New England before the pilgrims came. They had made contact with the Indians there. I believe that Indians were kidnapped and taken somewhere. I had never heard of this before. One of the Indians had made it back to New England somehow and could speak English enough to help the Pilgrims settle in.

Also, the Melungeons of the United States are another mystery. They apparently have roots to the Middle East or Turkey. I do not remember the exact documentation.

The dates of Columbus and the Pilgrims coming must be updated somehow.

JoAnne

%22When Irish eyes are smiling%2C you can be sure they&apos;re up to something.%22