FERMANAGH-GOLD-L Archives

Archiver > FERMANAGH-GOLD > 2009-07 > 1247578870

From: Pamela Earley <>
Subject: Re: FER-GOLD GERRY RICE -notices
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:41:10 +0100

I am originally from the Lisnaskea/Knocks/Brookeborough area and went to school with Gerry's kids. A truely lovely family and what a fitting tribute to him.

While searching for my family tree on this very site, I got an unexpected email from Gerry with the heading .... Hello Cousin. As it turned out through distant Rice relatives, we were related. What a pleasant surprise to know that!!

At the wake my ma told his wife that I had been in contact about the family tree, she had a laugh saying that she would not be in contact as she did not know how to use computers!!

I don't know what you think but it may give her and the family some comfort if they knew how much Gerry was liked on this site. I'm heading home in September and was planning to pop round - if you like I can let her see all these lovely comments about Gerry.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

Pamela Carlin (nee Earley)

Get the best of MSN on your mobile