FARMER-L Archives

Archiver > FARMER > 2010-02 > 1266773986

From: ,
Subject: Re: [FARMER] Edward Farmer/Mary Burbridge/England/1645
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:39:46 -0000

Author: blduncan202005
Surnames: Farmer, Swearingen, Smith
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.farmer/2260.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

do you have a will or anything PROVING that Edward is Elizabeth's father? I am looking at dates, and though it is possible that she was born to this couple, it seems a bit stretched. They had one other child about 8 yrs previous to the estimated birth date of Elizabeth, and as they were having children at regular intervals previous to that it just seems less likely that they are her parents.

I don't see mentioned info I found regarding the baptism of an Elizabeth Farmer who's father is listed as William in the Taunton, St. Mary's baptism records. Does anyone know of this one?

I also question the above parentage due to all other children born in MA and just her in MD? It is possible she was born in MA but seems strange that they would have moved to MD after all that time in MA....seems they usually stayed fairly put in one area, unless they migrated to the south.

Just wonderings and thoughts....would love to hear if anyone has any other thoughts on this...and who is the Elizabeth dau of William Farmer?

Important Note: