ESTILLKY-L Archives

Archiver > ESTILLKY > 2011-05 > 1304858653

From: ,
Subject: Re: [ESTILLKY] Corinth Christian Church, Estill Co., KY
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 12:44:13 -0000

Author: cKYgen
Surnames: Wills, Fritz, Allen, Winburn
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.kentucky.counties.estill/8040.1.2.1.7/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Reference: Church Member #111 Mary J. Allen

111.) Mary J. Alllen

Mary Jane (Wills) Allen was the 3rd. wife of Sidney Winburn,, married on January 22, 1908 in Estill County, Kentucky Mary Jane was divorced from George W. Allen. Sidney was 78 and Mary Jane was 65.

Mary Jane Wills was first married to George W. Allen, her parents were Michel Wills and Nancy (Frits) Wills who were both born in Kentucky. Sidney Winburn, Sr. was the second husband of Mary Jane Wills. Mary Jane Wills was born on February 9, 1840 and died April 7, 1928 at age 88.

>From reading some old Winburn correspondence. After the death of Mary Jane's 2nd. husband, Sidney Winburn on May 13th 1910, she returned to her own house. This left orphans from the 2nd. marriage to live with various relatives.

>From reading the Winburn correspondence, it seems that the second wife Eliza (Walters) Winburn probably Died Near the Time of Sidney Winburn's 3rd. marriage. I can only find a birth record for Eliza (Walters) Winburn, but no death certificate.

Important Note: