ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2012-02 > 1329689708

From: Simon <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] My visit to the UK
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:15:08 +0000

Hello Barbara

You can see the graveyard easily enough, all English CofE parish
churchyards are always open:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barryslemmings/250398154/

But you need to be aware that most people in the 19th Century were
buried without headstones. And, in addition, many churchyards were
cleared of older headstones in the 1960s to facilitate mechanical mowing.

Navestock church and graveyard are well worth a visit, even so.

Simon