ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-11 > 1320532690

From: Paul Eggleton <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] ERO online
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 15:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

To be honest I think it's a bit expensive. You have the subscription only sites that you can only browse if you have a sub (e.g. ancestry) - they hold tons of info - then you have the limited sites that usually let you browse to at least make sure you have the possibility of a match then you pay to see the actual image. Essex site is probably fine for those with lots of ancestors in the county but for people like me who is just looking for one person it's difficult. Nearly US$8just for a 24-hour sub to find out my ancestor isn't there?

Maybe sks could help - if the record is definitely there I will gladly log on pay the money - I am looking for Ann YOUNG born Romford 1794-1795.

Paul