ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-11 > 1320492791

From: Brad Rogers <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] ERO online
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 11:33:44 +0000

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 08:06:04 +1030
Anne Chambers <> wrote:

Hello Anne,

> Safari; each time I get
> a screen saying either cookies aren't enabled (they are) or my session
> has expired (it hasn't). I've notified

I had that too. Cured by allowing FF to store permanent cookies for the
domain "essexcc.gov.uk" rather than session cookies. I then deleted all
the site cookies I had, and reloaded the page. Voila!

However, it should not have been necessary. There were/are also issues
with some of the images pages; I had to keep going back to the index
page to load the next image rather than click the ">" button, which
would take me to a completely unrelated register image.

On the plus side, I managed to locate the baptism of one of my wife's
ancestors (Samuel Ratcliff) in Sandon, enabling me to push that line back
a generation, add a few siblings and kill some of them off as infants;
Of eight children, five were privately baptised due to illness (as stated
in the register) and of those two didn't survive to be a year old.

I couldn't locate a marriage for the parents of Samuel in Sandon
though. With no other clues, it's going to be tricky to locate. One
door opens only for another to remain locked. I'll keep picking away at
it.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is