ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-09 > 1317224947

From: "JFHH" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Death of Charles Valentine KNAPP
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:49:07 +0100

Hello Jenny,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny" <>
> I would very much like to order the death certificate for Charles Valentine KNAPP.....
> > Born: 14 Feb 1876; Great Ilford Essex
> Parents: Arthur and Kate (Catherine FAIRES) KNAPP
> 1881 census: Living with family, 5 years old; street address Grove Terrace, Romford, Ilford.
> Death:supposed death 1 Jan 1882, Great Ilford aged 6 years
> > ...however I don't seem to be able to find it even when I put in +&-, could some one please
> > double check me incase I have done something wrong.> > Many thanks> > In hope.....Jenny

As others have said, it looks very much as if he go lost on the way to GRO indexes, and the local
register office would be your next port of call.
But you could also check out local cemeteries: it appears his grandfather was buried in the City of
London Cemetery at Ilford, which would be a good starting point - see
http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/LGNL_Services/Community_and_living/Deaths_funerals_and_cremations/Cemetery_and_crematorium/
for others see
http://www.eolfhs.org.uk/area/cemeteries/redbridge/
and
http://www.forestparkcrematorium.co.uk/codeofpractice.html
(this company look after all of the borough's cemeteries: all enquiries are dealt with at Forest
park).

You might care to note that in 1891 Ancestry have your family indexed under KRAAPP.

Kind Regards,
John Henley

This thread: