ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-09 > 1315762251

From: "Stuart Oakes" <>
Subject: [Ess] First World War Murphy
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:30:51 +0100

Hi

>From various certificates I have discovered that my Granddad was a Sapper in the Royal Engineers and he was an electrical engineer as was his father.

My Granddads name was John Joseph Murphy and I suspect that he had been wounded during the First World War as his address was given as the Military Hospital Colchester.

My Nan a Nurse must have fallen in love for they married in June 1916.

His Dad Francis Murphy attended the wedding and he was recorded as an electrician.

In April 1917 at the birth of my Uncle Francis Joseph Murphy, my Granddad is recorded as a Private in the Royal Auxiliary Medical Corp.

This far and now it's my wall, as there is no army number to relate too I am at a loss on what or where to look now.

If any kind person could advise me I would be very grateful.

Stuart

This thread: