ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-08 > 1312495244

From: "Antony Barber" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Tendring
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:00:44 +0100

I can't help with photos, but you may find that since Tendring is a district
as well as a village a recording of a name for Tendring in the deaths may
not necessarily mean a burial in the village. I have an interest in Wix
which is in Tendring district and there are some Vesseys, Veseys and Veaseys
there from 17th century.

Antony

Anyone on the List live near Tendring?
Would like a nice photo of the churchyard and Church.
Anything on Google not great.
Have ancestors* buried there in mid 19thC. Unable
to find any info as to whether gravestones still standing.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

David Vesey -Toronto Canada
*Almost certain buried Tendring
Deaths MarQ 1866 - Vesey John 75 Tendring
Deaths MarQ1869 - Vesey Mary 71 Tendring
Deaths MarQ 1874 - Vesey Elizabeth 74 Tendering

Presume buried Tendring?
Richard Vesey abt age 41 in 1755
John Vesey abt age 52 in abt 1802

All b.Tendring- not there in 1841 Census
James b.1791/Sarah b1793/Antony b.1794)

This thread: