ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-07 > 1311778359

From: sally roberts <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Apology
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:52:39 +0000

Just a note of caution - not every marriage certificate correctly identifies whether fathers are or aren't deceased.

Plenty of times I have been searching for ancestors only to find that they had already died, it just wasn't recorded on the marriage certificates of their children. It's most definitely not a hard and fast rule.

Regards,
Sally