ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2011-07 > 1309655223

From: Anne Chambers <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] WESTLEY, Thomas & Phoebe
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:37:03 +0930

Phoebe Webster is living with Isaac in 1851
Class: HO107; Piece: 1500; Folio: 725; Page: 36
3 Cornelia Terrace Islington
Isaac Webster 60 Carter b Herts. St Albans
Phebe Webster 50 b Middlesex Shoreditch

so it's quite possible that either Thomas or Isaac's first wife hadn't died at that stage.

South Australia

Steve Westley wrote:
> Good morning listers
> My name is Stephen Westley and I am searching for information on my Great,
> Great Grandparents.
> I believe that they may have been transient workers, as I am finding it very
> hard to fill in the gaps in their lives.
> Thomas Westley& Phoebe Davis were married on the 23 January 1821 at St
> Leonards, Shoreditch, London, Middlesex. Originally, I thought that they
> were "natives" of London, but after considerable searching and professional
> research, I can still find no sign of them until 20 February 1833 when their
> so called youngest son William was baptised at St Marys, Islington. He was 1
> month old when baptised and may have been born in another county, although
> his parent's address was listed as Payne Street.
> At the age of 16, William migrated to New Zealand, so I have quite a lot of
> information on his life, however Thomas and Phoebe once again managed to
> disappear.
> I have since learned that Phoebe was married to Isaac Webster on 19 April
> 1852 at St Pancras Parish Church so Thomas must have died prior to this
> date.
> Maybe a family from this list has a Thomas and Phoebe Westley that were not
> married in the area but who have children born in the parish or elsewhere.
> I have already placed this notice in Kent, Surrey, and Hertfordshire lists
> with a limited amount of success, but a lot of helpful advice.
> I look forward to hearing from a cousin!!!
> Cheers
> Steve Westley
> Grafton NSW

This thread: